Call For Presentations!
Most environmental conferences and workshops include some information on emerging contaminants, but there is no one event that comprehensively addresses mitigating the presence of these contaminants across all environmental media including surface water, groundwater, drinking water, wastewater, recycled water, soils and sediments. So, why not bring together renowned experts from multiple disciplines to share insights and learn from one another? That’s what we aim to do at the Emerging Contaminants Summit!
If you have groundbreaking information and insights on the detection, fate and transport, risk assessment, treatment and regulation of these contaminants, we invite you to submit an abstract for presentation at the Emerging Contaminants Summit. Both invited and submitted presentations by the world’s top experts from academia, industry and government will be included in the educational program.
Abstract Review and Selection Criteria
Submitted abstracts will undergo rigorous review by a scientific advisory board. The scientific advisory board members are carefully selected based on their reputation within the industry and their dedication to promoting advancement in the environmental field.
Presentation Selection Criteria
Abstracts will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Relevance of theme and topic
- Significance of work and quality of data
- Originality of work, including new concepts and innovations
- Technical content
- Completeness of work or project
- Clarity of the abstract
Abstracts can be selected for either a platform (oral) presentation or poster presentation.
Submission of abstracts: 6/15/17
Notification of acceptance: 8/25/17
Submission of presentation: 2/6/18
In-person presentation: 3/6/18 – 3/7/18
Seeking Abstracts on the Following Topics:
- Environmental Occurrence
- Environmental Chemistry
- Environmental Fate and Transport
- Analytical Methods
- Site Investigation and Remediation (soil and groundwater)
- Drinking Water Issues
- Wastewater: Occurrence and Removal Strategies
- Oxidation Technologies
- Biological Degradation
- Membrane Technologies
- Toxicology: Human Health and The Environment
- Risk Communication Strategies
- Compound Specific Sessions
- Perfluoroalkyl & Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFASs)
- Industrial Additives (e.g., 1,4-dioxane)
- EDCs & PPCPs
- Brominated Flame Retardants
- Disinfection Byproducts